It was the worst summer of Carrie Hauser’s life, and the weirdest: it was the summer her parents announced they were getting divorced, and when a dying alien passed on to her his fantastic superhuman abilities.
All Carrie wants now is to settle into her new home in Kingsport and get her life back to something resembling normal – but that won’t be easy when her secret is discovered by a group of teenage super-hero wannabes, who need her help to discover why experimental military drones have been wreaking havoc in town.
Their search leads the fledgling super-team to Archimedes, an artificial intelligence that will do anything to escape its virtual reality prison and enter the real world.
However, the kids aren’t the only ones with an interest in Archimedes, and the super-teens soon find themselves caught in the middle of a longstanding feud between Concorde, Kingsport’s high-flying hometown hero, and his nemesis, the deadly mercenary Manticore.
Save the day? Sure…as soon as school lets out.
- Average 4.6-star rating on Amazon
- Average 4.5-star rating on Barnes & Noble
- Average 4.20-star rating on Goodreads
- Reached #1 on the Amazon Kindle best-seller list for comics & graphic novels / teen & young adult (June 24, 2016)
- Reached #1 on the Amazon Kindle best-seller list for teen & young adult / literature & fiction / comics & graphic novels (June 25, 2016)
- Reached #3 on the Amazon books best-seller list for teens / literature & fiction / comics & graphic novels / superheroes (July 19, 2016)
- An East Hartford Public Library staff pick for February 2014
- StoryBundle selection for the Indie Superhero Bundle (July 2015)
- “This was a nice fresh read from all the seriousness that comes with some of the books I have been reading…I seriously loved this book!” – A Simple Taste for Reading, June 2014