Michael Bailey is a professional writer from Falmouth, Massachusetts who kind of hates writing bios.
Michael has been a working writer since 1998 when he simultaneously (and at the same time) sold his first freelance article to Renaissance Magazine and landed a job as a staff reporter for the Enterprise Newspapers. During his 15 years with the Enterprise, Michael served as editor for the paper’s region section and senior political reporter, and was the paper’s first blogger. His political and current events blog, Snark-Infested Waters, delighted and annoyed readers until 2013, when Michael left the paper to pursue his fiction writing career.
Over the years Michael has contributed several more articles to Renaissance Magazine and other local publications, and has since 2004 been a staff writer for two New England-based renaissance faire production companies: Pastimes Entertainment and the Connecticut Renaissance Faire.
He currently lives in Worcester with his wife Veronica, their bulldog Beatrix, and four cats.
- Action Figures – Issue One: Secret Origins (September 2013)
- Action Figures – Issue Two: Black Magic Women (March 2014)
- Action Figures – Issue Three: Pasts Imperfect (September 2014)
- Action Figures – Issue Four: Cruel Summer (March 2015)
- The Adventures of Strongarm & Lightfoot – Scratching a Lich (September 2015)
- Action Figures – Issue Five: Team-Ups (February 2016)
- Cheap Thrills Digest (March 2016)
- The Adventures of Strongarm & Lightfoot – Assassins Brawl (September 2016)
- Action Figures – Issue Six: Power Play (February 2017)
- The Adventures of Strongarm & Lightoot – Blades of Glory (September 2017)
- Action Figures – Issue Seven: The Black End War (February 2018)
- Well-Behaved Women – Awakening (Summer/Fall 2018)
- The Final Summons – a New England Speculative Writers anthology (February 2019)
- Action Figures – Issue Eight: Crawling From the Wreckage (Winter/Spring 2019)
- Well-Behaved Women – Transition (Spring 2019)
- Well-Behaved Women – Endtimes (Fall 2019)
- Falmouth Enterprise – staff reporter, political reporter, Mashpee and Falmouth editions (August 1998 – September 2013)
- Worcester Telegram – freelance correspondent (September 2016 – July 2017)
- Have Cassock, Will Travel – Renaissance Magazine cover feature about the King Richard’s Faire apprentice program (originally written as a separate article, combined with another article written by Michelle Santos) (1999)
- God Save the Queen! The Life and Times of KRF’s Queen Katherine – Renaissance Magazine feature interview with actor Barbara “Bodge” Burinski (2001, reprinted in 2002 with new material)
- The King Arthur Festival – scenario co-writer (2004)
- The Connecticut Renaissance Faire – scenario writing team member (2005 – 2011)
- The Three Musketeers Faire – scenario writer (2005)
- Sex and Violence – script for independent renaissance faire act (2006)
- The Salem Pirate Faire – scenario co-writer (2008)
- A Knight for Murder – script for murder mystery dinner show (2009)
- Casino Confidential – script for murder mystery dinner show (2011)
- Class Acts – script for independent renaissance faire act (2013)
- Theater Run A-Muck – script for independent renaissance faire act (2017)
- Author Shout (2014)
- J.M. Aucoin – official website (February 2014)
- The Writer’s Blueprint with Jonathan Kreiger (December 2015)
- The Story So Far with Phil Van Vlack (June 2016)
- Interview with Gerhard Gehrke
- Interview with Trish Heinrich
WHERE ELSE CAN YOU FIND MICHAEL ON-LINE?
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
Want to ask me a question? Interested in hiring me? Drop me a line at mikeatinnsmouthlook at gmail dot com.