Lots going on this week, but I’ll start with the big news: the Kindle edition of The Adventures of Strongarm & Lightfoot: Assassins Brawlis now available on Amazon! You can grab it for $3.99 or, if you prefer print, for $13.99.
If you’re interested in grabbing a signed copy and you’ll be in the Connecticut area this weekend, you’re in luck. Scroll down to the Events section for details. And if you can’t make it? Well, you’ll be able to catch me at a couple other events in the coming months, and I will at some point in the near future set up a page here for your direct purchasing pleasure.
And I’ll mention this here so it won’t get buried, but I’m participating in a special giveaway event featuring several other indie authors, which kicks in on October 2. Head over to the Young Adult Book Heist Facebook page to learn how you can win a Kindle, free print and e-books — including copies of Action Figures – Issue One: Secret Origins — swag, and more.
Action Figures – Issue Six: Power Play: Pre-editing revisions are done, in the queue for editing. I’m waiting to hear back from my editor Julie about her availability, but my hope is to send it over to her sooner rather than later so she has plenty of time to do her work and I can still have Power Play ready for a late February/March release.
Action Figures – Live Free or Die: Pre-editing revisions are done, in the queue for editing. Same goes for this short, which will run as a back-up/bonus story in Power Play.
Action Figures – Issue Seven: The Black End War and Action Figures – Issue Eight: Got a little more work done, and I expect to make a lot of headway on it in a couple of weeks. I’ll be taking a vacation week from my wife’s studio to focus on my stuff, so I should be able to put a good dent in both projects.
Action Figures – Issue One: Secret Origins: Audiobook recording in progress
APPEARANCES and EVENTS
- Sunday, October 2: The Connecticut Renaissance Faire’s 2016 Meet the Author series is upon us! I’ll be there this weekend from 1 to 3 PM, and you can meet a new local author every day of the faire’s five-weekend run.
- Saturday & Sunday, October 15 & 16: The New Bedford Book Festival. Runs 11 AM to 4 PM both days.
- NEW! Saturday, November 26 (tentative): Annie’s Book Stop in Worcester, MA is working on a local authors event to coincide with Small Business Saturday 2016. The details are still being hashed out, but hopefully they’ll get a nice roster of authors lined up.
- Saturday, December 10: The OtherWhere Market at Mill No. 5 in Lowell. I will be there, sharing space with my wife.
- NEW! Friday, January 13 – Monday, January 16: Arisia 2017 in Boston, MA. It’s official! J.M. Aucoin and I will be there, and it looks like we’ve got space in the vendor area instead of the hallway where they set up artists and authors alley last year. Moving up in the world, we are.
The giveaway for The Adventures of Strongarm & Lightfoot – Scratching a Lich, despite its delayed start, was a solid success. Hopefully that will turn into many, many sales of my other books — which stands to reason, based on how well my first major giveaway went (Secret Origins, as a lead-in to the release of Action Figures – Issue Two: Black Magic Women).
On Friday I recorded a segment for The Authors Show, and that interview is tentatively scheduled to run on October 4. It’ll run for 24 hours and you can listen to it for free during that time. It was a fun interview and Linda Thompson was a great host, so thank you Linda and TAS for having me on!
On a final high note, Secret Origins made its way back into the #1 position on Amazon, which was a pleasant surprise.